The California Art Club’s Student Art Contest in conjunction with the online exhibition Mars: An Artistic Mission opened on February 18, and submissions will be accepted through April 5, 2021.
Student artists in grade levels from pre-kindergarten to high school (ages 3 to 19) are encouraged to use traditional realistic art techniques to create new artwork that showcases our neighboring planet. The student-created artwork may be drawings, paintings, digital art and sculpture and can span fact, fantasy and fiction.
Only one work may be submitted per student and there is no charge to submit a work for this contest.
Winners will be announced in mid-April and a selection of the submissions will be displayed on the California Art Club website, noting each student’s first name and last initial.
Instructions for Entering the Contest:
- Create a jpeg of the student’s artwork (file size: 400KB to 1MB.)
- Download the Submission Release Form, complete and sign (a parent or guardian must also sign if the student artist is under the age of 18.)
- Complete the form on the Submission page, which may be accessed via the “Enter the Contest” button below.
- Upload the jpeg of the student artist’s artwork (only one work may be submitted per student). Please include the student’s name in the filename of the jpeg.
- Upload the signed Submission Release Form.
- Click “Submit”
Submissions are now being accepted, and the submission deadline for the Student Art Contest is:
Monday, April 5, 2021
11:59 p.m. Pacific Time