- Auction Overview. The auction will be conducted online by the California Art Club from November 26, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time through December 3, 2023, at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. The auction page may be accessed at https://www.californiaartclub.org/holiday-auction-2023/.
- Eligibility. Bidders must be at least 18 years old and must bid from the United States. In addition, bidders must register to participate by creating an account with the California Art Club online store. The California Art Club reserves the right to refuse or revoke bidding privileges at its discretion.
- Artwork Information. All artworks are described to the best of the knowledge of the California Art Club auction team and are sold “as is.” Images and descriptions are for reference only; slight variations may occur. The California Art Club is not responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in the descriptions.
- Online Bidding Process. Bidders must be logged into their account with the California Art Club online store to see the current bid for any item on which they may be bidding. In addition, the software being used to conduct this auction does not update live on the website, so bidders are encouraged to continually check their email and/or continually refresh the page for a given lot to see the current bid or learn if they have been outbid. The California Art Club reserves the right to extend the auction period or cancel a bid.
- Technical Issues. Due to the online nature of this auction, there is the possibility of technical difficulties during the bidding process. The California Art Club is not responsible for internet malfunctions, loss of connection, or system glitches that may prevent bidders from placing last-minute bids or receiving notices about the auction. It is suggested that bidders submit bids ahead of time; if the system is busy, bids may not process within the last seconds of the auction closing.
- Successful Bids. Bids are binding commitments to purchase the artwork. The highest bid at the auction’s closing time wins the artwork.
- Sales Tax. The applicable sales tax will be charged for physical products. It will be collected after the auction has concluded and before the items are shipped/picked up by the successful bidder. No sales tax will be applied on non-physical products.
- Payment. Payment for all purchases, including applicable sales taxes, is due at the conclusion of the auction. Accepted payment methods include credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and American Express), cash, and checks. Failure to make timely payment may result in the cancellation of the sale.
- Shipping and Handling. Buyers are responsible for applicable shipping and handling costs. The California Art Club auction team will assist in coordinating shipments but is not responsible for delays or damages during transit.
- Withdrawal of Artwork. The California Art Club reserves the right to withdraw an artwork before the auction closes. In the event of withdrawal, all bids for that artwork will be void.
- Bid Increments. The bid increments for this online auction are based on the amount of the starting bid and have been established as follows:
$5 bid increments for items with a starting bid between $5 – $49.99
$10 bid increments for items with a starting bid between $50 – $99.99
$25 bid increments for items with a starting bid between $100 – $499.99
$50 bid increments for items with a starting bid between $500 – $999.99
$100 bid increments for items with a starting bid between $1,000 – $4,999.99
- Questions about Auction. Bidders with questions about the auction may contact the California Art Club auction team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 583-9009.
- Dispute Resolution. Any disputes will be resolved by the California Art Club Auction team.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions. The California Art Club reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Bidders are responsible for reviewing terms regularly.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of California. Participants in the auction should carefully read and understand these Terms and Conditions before participating.