Every fall, the Artist Member Review Committee conducts the annual review of applications for Artist and Out-of-State Artist Membership (painters and sculptors) in the California Art Club! All current and active Associate Artist Members of the Club are eligible to apply.
The process is highly competitive and acceptance as an Artist, Out-of-State Artist or Sculptor Member is very limited. Acceptance is a great honor that qualifies you to submit your artwork for significant exhibitions including the Annual Gold Medal Exhibition, CAC-sponsored museum exhibitions, and the California Art Club Gallery at The Old Mill.
The jury looks for traditional fine artists who produce work of the highest standard. Applicants are considered as an asset to the Club, and should demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and a unique style. During the process, the jury considers the artwork quality and consistency, as well as the artists’ exhibition history and website.
WHAT: Annual Jurying for Artist, Out-of-State, and Sculptor Members.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current and active Associate Artist Members of the California Art Club.
SUBMIT: Three of your best, most recent works of art. Sculptors should submit multiple views of each piece.
1. We strongly recommend that you have your artwork professionally photographed.
2. Notifications will be sent by mail in late January, 2016. Please do not call to ask about your application status.
3. When submitting your application, please make sure your profile on Online Juried Shows is up to date.
4. Please be aware that your artist website may be reviewed by the jury.
5. Annual dues for Artist/Sculptor are $110 and Out-of-State Artist Member dues are $90; due balances are to be paid upon acceptance.
QUESTIONS: Contact California Art Club Membership Coordinator, Melissa Franks at 626.583.9009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for important details on the selection process.