2020 Annual Holiday Party
Our Annual Holiday Party will be presented online this year, with a number of fun spins on this traditional celebration.
The festivities will include:
- Wine tasting with Mark Newman of Accolades Brands, as he introduces us to two California wines – a Chardonnay and a Pinot Noir. We will share ideas for pairings with iconic foods from different regions of the Golden State.
- A sneak peek at our 2021 calendar of events.
- Updates from the different chapters of the Club.
- Presentation of awards:
- William and Julie Bracken Wendt Award: Eric Rhoads
- Special Recognition Award: Gayle Garner Roski
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Ellen Howard
- Announcement of an exciting new quarterly initiative.
- Drawings for prizes – including original artworks from CAC artists, art books, gift certificates and more!
- $75.00 for one or two attendees – with wine
Includes one Zoom sign-in, two bottles of wine to be delivered prior to the event, and one ticket for the drawings for prizes.
Note: The deadline for this ticket option has passed.
Includes one Zoom sign-in and one ticket for the drawings for prizes.
Note: This option is for attendees who do not live in California and those who do not wish to have wine delivered prior to the event
RSVP for the ticket option with wine must be received by Monday, November 16, 2020.
RSVP for the ticket option without wine must be received by Thursday, December 3, 2020
Wine will be shipped by Accolade Brands and are anticipated to arrive between December 1 and 4. An adult signature will be required to accept delivery, so please consider this when providing the best shipping address for the two-bottle box of wine.
Mark has chosen these two California wines for the evening’s wine tasting:
Charm Acres is crafted from premium Chardonnay grapes sourced from top vineyards in Sonoma County. This wine underwent minimal malo-lactic (ML) fermentation, resulting in a Chardonnay that is bright and lively on the palate. It was aged for 10 months using less than 25% new French oak, which adds a hint of richness to this incredibly balanced Chardonnay. Bottled in August 2018.
SteakHouse Vineyards Filet Noir is a Pinot Noir from estate fruit from the Santa Lucia Highlands. It’s 100% Pinot Noir with a nose of cherry and wild strawberry with a touch of earthiness and toasty French Oak. Elegantly balanced on the palette, the flavor fills your mouth with a finish that is like silk.
Additional information about the festivities will be emailed prior to the event, and the Zoom link for joining the Holiday Party will be emailed the morning of Sunday, December 6, 2020.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org