Deadline: Wednesday, July 10, 2024 at 11:59 pm
Exhibition: The Fascinations of Fall
Dates: September 20, 2024 to December 6, 2024
CAC Virtual Gallery
Open to all current members of the California Art Club
We ask artists to represent The Fascinations of Fall via contemporary-traditional methods. Any genre of work will be eligible for consideration.
The works submitted could feature anything from piles of raked leaves, to nocturnal landscapes, to cozying up with a steaming mug of tea, to gorgeous red, green and brown landscapes, to windblown seascapes, to the autumn glow at dawn, to children parading in Halloween costumes, or autumn harvest/Thanksgiving feasts, etc.
Sculptures could showcase majestic deer, or small squirrels or even a deity associated with autumn or the harvest.
We kindly request that artists submit works created in the last three years. Review the updated competition guidelines here.
Paintings in oil, watercolor, pastel or acrylic. Drawings in charcoal, color pencil or graphite.
Sculptures in permanent materials such as bronze, marble, terra cotta, fiberglass, resin or wood.
Since this is an entirely virtual exhibition, there is no limit on dimensions.
Please note that no giclees, prints, photography, digital works or digitally altered works will be accepted. This will automatically disqualify artwork from the competition.
60% Artist; 40% CAC
HOW TO APPLY
Submit all artwork through Online Juried Shows. There is no entry limit.
Please pay by credit card through Online Juried Shows. For $35, you may submit a single image. Additional images are $15. There is no limit to how many works may be submitted.
Submission fees are non-refundable.
The guest judge for The Fascinations of Fall is Peter Trippi, Editor-in-Chief of Fine Art Connoisseur. Notifications will be sent to artists via their OnlineJuriedShows artist profile and email on or around Monday, July 22, 2024.
This exhibition is entirely virtual, so there is no need to deliver your work to any location.
SHIPPING and SALES
If a work sells, the collector will assume shipping costs. There is an expectation that sold works are framed. The artist will be responsible for preparing and packaging the work for shipment. The CAC will handle the sale of the artwork, itself, and any associated tax.
Artwork cannot be removed for the duration of the exhibition.
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $250
Honorable Mention/s: $75
Special Recognition Awards will also be additionally and exclusively available for Student Artist, Mentorship Program, and Associate Artist Members. Recipients of the Special Recognition Awards will receive $50.
Multiple opportunities for visibility will be provided for approximately 30-40 works of exceptional artistic merit from each competition. This visibility will include:
- Exhibition on the CAC website
- Select images featured on social media channels
- Award winner mentions in the California Art Club Newsletter
Please note the following:
- All artwork submitted will be considered for the showcase regardless of its availability for acquisition.
- Artwork can only sell through the CAC upon acceptance and through the end of the exhibition.
- Giclees, prints, photography, digital works or digitally altered works will not be accepted. This will automatically disqualify artwork from the competition.
- Please kindly submit artwork that clearly showcases the theme.
- We encourage artists to submit an artwork statement with their submissions as this can sometimes bet the tipping point for acceptance.
- Review the updated competition guidelines here.
Contact California Art Club's Exhibitions Department at 626/583-9009 or email@example.com.